BNX 1425 (65140-91-2) is a multifunctional additive that functions as an antioxidant for the stabilization of plastics, synthetic fibers, elastomers, and rosin ester tackifier resins. The product is also an effective esterification catalyst that is particularly useful in the production of rosin esters and in the solid-state polymerization of PET and other thermoplastic polyesters.
Chemical Name: Phosphonic acid, P−[[3,5−bis(1,1−dimethylethyl)−4− hydroxyphenyl] methyl]−,
monoethyl ester, calcium salt (2:1)
CAS Number: 65140-91-2
Product Form: Solid
Melting Range: >260oC
Molecular Weight: 694.8 g/mol
BNX 1425P is particularly useful as a stabilizer and esterification catalyst in rosin esters and in PET and other thermoplastic polyesters. It is also effective for the stabilization of polyolefins (particularly polypropylene fibers), cross-linked elastomers, and specialty adhesives.
- In the production of rosin esters, BNX 1425P enables shorter reaction times and gives products characterized by reduced discoloration, a low acid number, and improved heat stability
- In PET, BNX 1425P provides faster solid-state polymerization, improved color, and reduced generation of acetaldehyde
- Excellent resistance to migration and extraction
- Low-volatility during polycondensation and high temperature processing
- Extensive FDA clearances
Guidelines for Use
- In rosin esters, recommended use levels generally range from 0.05 to 1% by weight. BNX 1425P can be used in combination with other additives in rosin esters, including antioxidants, disproportionation agents, and light stabilizers.
- In PET, recommended use levels range from 0.01 to 0.2% by weight. The product may be added at different stages in PET production, for example in slurry preparation (as a solution in ethylene glycol), during the esterification step, or after finishing (by extrusion compounding).
- In processes utilizing phosphoric acid, sequential addition is necessary to avoid undesired interactions. BNX 1425P can be used in combination with other additives in polyesters, including antioxidants, UV absorbers, and benzoate light stabilizers.
In all applications, the exact formulation to be used is dependent on the substrate, performance requirements, and other factors, and should be determined by the user based on testing to simulate actual conditions of use. Please contact Mayzo for specific recommendations.
This product may be stored up to two years in a sealed container. Containers should be kept tightly closed when not in use and stored in a cool, dry place.
Please consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling or using this product.
BNX 1425P is cleared under 21 CFR §178.2010 for use in polypropylene, polyethylene, adhesives and pressure-sensitive adhesives, rosins and rosin derivatives, can end and side seam cement formulations, petroleum alicyclic hydrocarbon resins, resins and polymers used as components of paper and paperboard, closures with sealing gaskets, finished rubber articles, reinforced wax, and polyethylene phthalate polymers. Please contact your Mayzo representative for complete details, including restrictions of use.
Additional Product Details: Please view our BNX 1425 PDF